Drivers are making nearly double Chicago’s minimum wage.
Today, average earnings for drivers in Chicago are up to nearly $35/hr* while on a delivery, and that’s before tips.
*See earnings study here.
Drivers value the flexibility and pay app-based work offers.
Recent polling and studies show that drivers want flexibility, independence, and are satisfied with their earnings.
- Nearly 50% of drivers work less than 9 hours per week
- 86% of drivers don’t rely on driving as their primary income
- 75% of drivers are satisfied with their job and financial situation
- 63% of drivers say they would stop driving with app-based platforms if they lost their independence
Drivers want to remain independent contractors.
- In independent polling, 82% of respondents said that they would rather be considered an “independent contractor” than an employee.
- On top of that, 90% said being an independent contractor is a “good arrangement” for them in their lifestyle.